Book NOW with Blue Note Travel for the 33rd Anniversary of the Havana Jazz Festival in 2018 with an Exclusive VIP Package!
On this 6 day / 5 night tour, you will experience prime VIP access to the country’s music event of the season along with the old-world charm of Havana and the scenic areas of Pinar Del Rio!
Details for the exclusive official festival VIP trip package will be announced soon, but generally include:
• Guaranteed Premium VIP Seats to Top Festival Shows
• Private Artist Meet & Greet
• Prime Cuban hotels
• Cultural + Culinary Experience & More!
VIP Package Only Available through Blue Note Travel!
Our mission at Blue Note Travel is to immerse you in this passionate culture to truly have you experience Havana just like a local. People-to-People travel allows even the most seasoned travelers to view Cuba through the lens of the musicians, dancers, artists and locals— an experience that is difficult to find anywhere else in the world.
DATES OF TRAVEL: January 17-22, 2018
Sample Itinerary (Based on 2016 Trip)
Day 1: Miami to Havana
- Depart from Miami to Havana
- Check in at your hotel and orientation
- Visit the Santa Amalia jazz dancers at a jazz club in a house
- Enjoy a classic convertible car ride around the city
- Nighttime: Enjoy a show at the Buena Vista Social Club
Day 2: Havana
- Visit Old Havana and learn about Havana’s world-renowned UNESCO heritage designated architecture
- Taller de La Grafica
- Lunch at Doña Eutemia
- Enjoy a private jazz performance with one of Cuba’s top young jazz groups
- VIP Tickets – Festival Performances: Terence Blanchard featuring The E-Collective & Chucho Valdés & Friends
Day 3: Havana
- Visit Abdala Recording Studios for a tour of the 3 studios
- Learn about the history of American and Cuban music and how Cuban jazz was born with a visual and live musical demonstration.
- Lunch at Starbien
- Visit the Ernest Hemingway house and grounds
- VIP Tickets – Festival Performances: Christian McBride Trio
Day 4: Piñar Del Rio/Viñales Valley & Havana
- Travel to the countryside
- Meet a farmer in Cuba’s famed Tobacco Fields
- Enjoy a delicious organic lunch
- Visit the community project “Patio Pelegrin,” often called the secret garden, which is not only an organic farm but also a community hub for dance, literature, debate, music, and theater for local residents to cultivate their artistic and intellectual interests.
- Return to Havana
- VIP Artist Meet & Greet – Festival: Snarky Puppy (+ potential surprise guests)!
Day 5: Havana
- Visit the home studios of a world-famous, fine artist married couple Juan Moreira and Alicia Leal
- See an authentic Drumming and Afro Cuban dance performance at Callejon de Hamel
- Enjoy lunch at the gardens of Paladar Cimarron
- Enjoy a children’s rueda dance performance with Cuba’s top children’s dance group
- Visit a renowned musician from Cuba in their home.
- VIP Tickets – Festival Performances: Snarky Puppy, Arturo O’Farrill, Roberto Fonseca & Fatoumata Diawara & more!
Day 6: Havana to Miami
- Visit the Craft market (time permitting)
- Check in Jose Marti Terminal 2
- Arrive in Miami
- Adios Cuba!
4 or 5 star Hotel
Double: TBA (Call for more info)
Single: TBA (Call for more info)
This quote includes:
- Private VIP Artist Meet & Greet
- Private Blue Note party including local talent performances
- VIP Jazz Festival Pass
- All additional Blue Note approved private concerts, dance and art activities
- Daily breakfast, all lunches and an upscale welcome dinner
- 4 or 5 star lodging in Havana see above
- All local air conditioned ground transportation (including airport transfers)
- Pre-trip departure information
- Cuban Insurance (health and evacuation)
- Cuban Visa
- Compliance with U.S. Treasury Department regulations
- Admission to all museums and public buildings listed in itinerary
- Expert Tour Leader
- Flight concierge service (flight cost additional)
Tips for Guides, Drivers and Bellhops are not included
Reminder: Tips for guides, drivers, bellhops, maids, and waiters are not included in the cost of the program.
This itinerary is subject to change. In-country programming is customized for each group to maximize your cultural experience. To maintain authenticity, many of the places we visit are not tourist destinations and are not always available. Our programs are created to provide full-time educational exchanges through people-to-people contact. These programs require mandatory participation under our license by the U.S. Department of Treasury.